Improve body plus mind
What are we made for
Improve body plus mind is something that will truly open doors to those who want to become awesome.
Body plus mind are very connected. Original purpose of having brain is to help us find food.
Searching for food has not always been easy. Humans had to move, run, jump and hunt in order to satisfy hunger.
Brain would help creating traps, estimating distances, do what it takes to get food
Movement and mind that helped creating traps were working together for common purpose.
Today we can go to supermarket or purchase products, buying food has never been easier.
Sitting all day long too.
New challenge is portion control and reducing amount of sitting time.
We also miss moving, running, collecting food.
But we still have our awesome brain that can help us eat clean food and add movement to daily routine.
To start moving, you can start simply doing 4 sets x 10 repetitions of perfect squats.
Read six-pack abs building article to maintain your waist looking good.
How does regular workout help your mind?
- Memory improvement
- Learning and memory evolved in concert with the motor functions that allowed our ancestors to track down food, so as far as our brains are concerned, if we’re not moving, there’s no real need to lean anything (John Ratey)
- Helps you Sleep better
- Physical activity tires you, thus quality of your sleep improves
- To improve body plus mind, they need to recover, best way to do so is healthy sleep
- Attention boost
- Keeping mental connection between mind and muscle you exercise improves attention – attention is just a muscle too after all 😛
- Sport improves your alertness and body awareness
- Strengthens Immunity
- You might have heard someone saying ” Shock the muscle”, so it grows and becomes more resistant, same goes for immunity
- Better Productivity
- Research shows that days when you attend gym before school / work, you are 15 % more productive
- Many employers nowadays offer support for sport activities to have even more achieving employees
- Willpower and Discipline build
- “Rome was not build in a day”, so are not our bodies. Once you start doing sport or working out regularly, you will realize it takes a lot of investment.
- Discipline is best learned from professional sportsman and athletes.
- Building Relationships easier
- ” And in modern life, people tend to have fewer friends and less support, because there’s no tribe. Being alone is not good for the brain. A common protocol scientists use to induce the physiological stress response in rats is to remove them from their social structure; simply isolating them activates stress hormones. The same is true in humans: It’s stressful to be shunned or isolated. Loneliness is a thread to survival. Not coincidentally, the less physically active we are, the less likely we’ll be to reach out and touch someone. Studies show that by adding physical activity to our lives, we become more socially active – it boosts our confidence and provides an opportunity to meet people. (John Ratey)
Motivation Quote from a wise man – Plato
In order for man to succeed in life, God provided him with two means, education and physical activity.
Not separately, one for the soul and the other for the body, but for the two together.
With these two means, man can attain perfection.
Now go, do something for your perfection, I am going to do some squats too :).